Skip to main content

tv   The O Reilly Factor  FOX News  September 30, 2010 11:00pm-12:00am EDT

11:00 pm
vice president is. in response, joe biden was like all right. at least give me a hint. >> greta: that is your last call. thanks for being with us tonight. >> bill: "the o'reilly factor" is on. tonight. >> when i met with meg whitman, i asked her her assistance. she treated as if i was not a human being. >> democrats unleashing powerful personal attacks to try to stop the political bleeding in their precincts. republican gubernatorial candidate meg whitman is experiencing this firsthand in an illegal alien controversy. >> it's simply a lie. and i feel terrible for nicky. she is being minuted. this is a political gimmick. >> laura ingraham and megyn kelly will analyze. >> you are challenging faith which is the critical suspension of critical thinking. >> bill maher continues attacks on religion in america. this time he gets challenged
11:01 pm
bill buy you mock them. you denigrate them, you make them or try to make them look stupid. >> right. >> bill: that's not know bill, bill. >> culture warriors on a college student who commits suicide because a roommate secretly videotapes him having sex. >> bill: caution, you are to enter the n ndz. the factor begins right now. >> bill: hi, i'm bill o'reilly. thanks for watching us tonight. dirty tricks. that is the subject of this evening's talking points memo. as you may know, the factor does not endorse political candidates. we believe you are smart enough to know how want to vote for so we don't need to tell you. in california, there are two strong people running for governor. jerry brown on the democratic side has a long history of public service and meg whitman on the republican side is a very successful business woman. the race is very close.
11:02 pm
but now miss whitman is being attacked in personal way. lawyer gloria allred is representing ms. whitman's former house made. she claims she was fired by ms. whitman before the campaign began and also knew she was illegal and continued to employ her. >> she treated me likes a if i was not a human being. i'm doing this because i know there are a lot of megs out there who are mistreating the nikkis who worked so hard for them. >> bill: she is reading that statement, interestingly enough. in response, ms. whitman told neil cavuto yesterday she did not know ms. diaz was illegal and the whole thing is a political assassination job. >> it's simply a lie, and i feel
11:03 pm
terrible for nikki. nikki is a wonderful individual. she was an extended part of our family for nine years and something has happened. she is being manipulated, which is a political gimmick led by gloria allred. >> is it true that during any of that time you suspected she was not a legal citizen of this country. >> no. absolutely not. >> bill: today ms. allred produced a document from the social security administration informing ms. whittedman in 2003 that ms. diaz's social security number was bogus. she also has the alleged signature of her husband that asked ms. diaz to look into the matter. today ms. whitman said. this neither my husband nor i received any letter from the social security administration. and if there is a letter out there, i don't know how they got it it's not in our house. and so, you know, somehow it ends up in, you know, jerry brown's hands or gloria allred's hands.
11:04 pm
>> bill: whatever the truth of the matter the fact that ms. whit map just yesterday called for employers to call for tougher penalties or employers who hire illegal aliens. there is no question the democrats are on the defensive because president obama's policies have proven ineffective so far in general. all the polls say republicans could make gains five weeks from now in a big way. so the personal stuff, the personal stuff is flying and we expect things to get even nastier as the election comes closer. that's the memo. now for the top story tonight, reaction. joining us from los angeles fox news anne list laura ingraham, author of the big best seller "the obama diaries." you are out there in the middle of this storm. i guess it's a huge story. what do you think? >> it is a pretty big story. it's leading most of the newscasts here. obviously the "l.a. times" is all over it i'm watching this unfold and seeing the former maid crying and gloria all red
11:05 pm
standing there. it just seems to me, again, if meg whitman did something wrong here she should fix it or apologize for it. this seems me that this is such a drive by orchestrated by someone whether gloria allred herself or other people obviously friendly to jerry brown wanted to score political points right before the election. just it seems sleazy. it doesn't seem like something someone someone who is a billionaire is going to thwart federal immigration laws despite the fact that she went through a legitimate employment agency to hire this woman. despite the fact she presumably paid all her social security and employment taxes it just doesn't make much sense to me. so right now i think it smells of the usual types of personal attack politics. i think a lot of people are sick of. >> bill: whether it's true or not, it's certainly a political ploy. it's a political play. we don't know whether it's true.
11:06 pm
it's impossible to speculate. the one thing that struck me was ms. whitman so adamantly saying, without any both yesterday with cavuto and today in her press conference, look, i didn't know anything about this, okay? if they have a letter, we didn't see it. it strikes me as almost impossible that a woman in her position spending $125 million of her own money already on the campaign. >> yeah. >> bill: would come out and basically lie if she had seen a document from the social security administration warning her that this employee was not on the up and up. but, look, i don't know. i mean, i just don't know. >> well, bill, here is what we do know though. i'm going to go back to my lawyer days, okay? although i think gloria allred gives lawyers a really bad name. the fact that this woman, this maid obviously is a law-breaker herself. she admitted to the whitmans that she was using her relative's social security
11:07 pm
number and identification to sign up with this agency. so she is an admitted law breaker. >> bill: that happened right before they fired her. >> right. in 2009. and then when the whitmans knew that she had lied, they terminated her. >> bill: okay. but also they knew that mrs. whitman was going to run for governor. >> right. but, but, bill, here is what we know. we know that the maid in question and we don't know anything about her except that apparently he is in the country illegally. she is in the country illegally now working with gloria allred. gloria allred is harboring an illegal alien if you ask me. >> bill: the thing that gets me if you are that outraged and you think you have been done an injustice, you don't need to read those words off the paper. you just talk it whenever i see that i go -- well, anyway. >> right. it just seems odd. i think what governor brown, former governor brown doesn't want to talk about the fact that he increased spending when he was governor by 120%.
11:08 pm
okay, that he went into all this collective bargaining stuff with the public employees union saddling this state with $60 billion of unfunded liabilities. that's a low ball estimate. he doesn't want to talk about that. >> bill: well, ms. whitman has pointed it out. now, if you were advising -- look, we are seeing very dirty campaigns in louisiana with senator vitter running. here in new york the gubernatorial thing is really really down and dirty. if you were advising candidates, do they have to reply to this? i mean, whitman does because this is an issue that she has taken a stance on. >> yeah. >> bill: she wants tough employer sanctions and if she is employing an illegal alien, come on. if it's just garbage thrown around, they throw something out of your background that was wrong. and every human being on earth has done something wrong in your life. do you answer or do you say, look, it's another political smear, i'm not even going to bother with it? what do you do.
11:09 pm
>> you are right, with her issue she had to answer it. and i think she has answered it. i think with some of these other things, once you start going down that road of answering every charge we have bloggers making charges. we have other people, unnamed people making charges on the internet about candidates. democrats and republicans, by the way. i don't think you go down that road. i think you say, look, the establishment politicians, they don't want newcomers in these races. they don't want their power base threatened so all these things are starting to be thrown out there. not going to answer every single one of them but i will tell you i will fight for you. >> bill: what about christine o'donnell in delaware does she have to answer the mortgage and money problems and college loans or should she just ignore that in your opinion. >> i think she should put out an answer to some the general sort of questions people have had. i wouldn't dwell on it. talk about what people care about. in this state, bill, they care about the fact that the unemployment rate is ridiculously high and they have a huge budget problem. >> bill: coffee is -- california
11:10 pm
is a disaster. >> this whole place is about to fall into a sink hole. >> bill: today, president obama more approved than disapproved in california. there they go. >> good luck, california. good luck. >> bill: laura, thank you. next on the run down megyn kelly has thoughts on the meg whitman. bill maher continues his bill maher continues his ♪ for he's a jolly good fellow ♪ the meeting's tomorro in dals ♪ ♪ we need to finish tho projections ♪ ♪ then output the final presentations ♪ ♪ sally, i'm gonna need 40 copies, obviously collated ♪ wht's going on? when we're crunched for time, brad combines office celebrations with official business. it's about efficiency. [ courier ] we can help. wh you ship with fedex, you can work rht up until the lastinute. it gives you re time to get stuff done. that's a great idea. ♪ i need tspeak with you privately ♪ ♪ i found your resume on the printer ♪ everyone! ♪ i found your resume on the printer ♪ [ male announcer ] we understand.® you need a partner who gives you more time. fedex.
11:11 pm
11:12 pm
>> bill: kelly file segment tonight. we have a full plate so here is attorney and fox news anchor megyn kelly here at 1:00 in the afternoon. this whitman deal, from a legal perspective, obviously we don't know what happened, but from a legal perspective, what strikes you. >> the viewers can make up their minds politically but from a legal perspective, there is no case here. the case is an allegation of abuse and exploitation by whitman of the maid. how did she abuse and exploit her maid?
11:13 pm
she paid her $23 an hour. the minimum wage is $7.25 in this country. she paid her $23 an hour and now she wants back wages and she wants to be reimbursed for her mileage. that's what the legal case is about. >> bill: so, she gets out there and says she was exploited that $23 an hour was not enough. >> that wasn't enough. that it was an exploitation of this woman who by the way laura was saying let's remember she is illegal. according to galore with i can't allred, she is the new rosa parks. she is a hero. >> bill: let's just stay on the legal filing. isn't this a frivolous lawsuit? i mean, won't any judge in the world see somebody making $23 an hour? >> yes. >> bill: as a housekeeper. >> she has conveniently not filed a lawsuit yet. >> bill: it's a threatened lawsuit. >> she says she is going to allege exploitation and humiliation and financial abuse of meg whitman of this woman
11:14 pm
with $23 an hour. a lot of people would love to be abused in that manner. >> bill: poisons the well of the larger picture. >> of course. sounds like a political stunt. i don't know what meg whitman knew or didn't know but i can tell you legally no, this is a no-go. >> bill: let's go to a disturbing case here in new york city where a child rapist, i guess the girl was 15. >> three girls. >> bill: three girls, okay. gets no jail time, probation. now, before we hang the judge, and i want to tell everybody, we don't -- this is the rapist, okay? >> worked as a counselor in the family court system and abused and raped three girls in that system. >> bill: so the judge gives him no jail time. should guy after this judge? >> no. >> bill: why. >> it was not the judge's doing. it was the d.a.'s office that order this plea deal. the d.a.'s office from what i'm hearing didn't have that much of a choice because they had three uncooperative witnesses. the three victims in the case apparently didn't want to
11:15 pm
testify or come forward. there is no accident that this got settled five years after the allegations surfaced. >> bill: three girls involved, 15 at the time. one was 16, i guess. age of consent in new york is what? >> 16 allegedly and we don't have this confirmed but allegedly sources familiar with the case say they may have had connection with, you know, sex for payment. that doesn't excuse it. >> bill: prostitutes. >> still statutory rape with sex with a 15-year-old girl. >> that's what lawrence is in trouble for now. >> right. now these three girls are 20 and they don't want to take the stand. how is the d.a. supposed to the make this case? >> bill: i don't know. i'm asking you. so the d.a. cy vance. he is the son of the diplomat, he brings the case any way despite the reluctant witnesses. >> they bring it five years ago but it lang gicious for five years. it doesn't go anywhere. >> bill: five years in the system, whoa. >> usually this case would be a year to trial. it takes five. why is that? because of the witnesses, probably.
11:16 pm
>> bill: the guy pled it out, right? >> he pled it out only because then finally a.d. junior guy said if you plead guilty i can at least get to you religion isster as sex offender. can i get you 10 years on probation. have you been on the record. have you been red flagged. you will be a convicted felon. >> bill: what is watt major evidence against the guy? >> i don't know. because nobody is talking. but from my understanding from the sources i have talked to, it would have been the girl's accusation which with made at the time. >> bill: there had to be more than that. >> well, ultimately we know it's fact. i don't know how they are going to prove it but the guy pleaded guilty to it. >> bill: you just can't take somebody in on allegations. there has got to be more than that. >> i'm sure it was the girls saying it happened. a lot of time in these cases women change their minds and they don't want to put themselves on the stand particularly if they have a history of prostitution. here is where the d.a.'s office went wrong. i don't begrudge them the plea at least they got something. it sounds like they would have gotten a not guilty verdict if they went to trial. for some reason the d.a. cy
11:17 pm
vance insaid of saying we got something. instead he comes out and rips on the judge for allowing this sentence and it was his a.d.a. his under ling that offered the deal. you don't get the deal magically from the judge. >> bill: the judge got a bad deal in this. >> the judge got a bad deal. it's not the judge's fault. it's d.a. >> bill: the judge doesn't have to take any deal. they can do whatever they think is right. >> we reached out to the d.a. for comment all they said to us look at this case over here where we just got 15 years for this rapist. no, no. that doesn't answer the question. >> bill: david beckham is a big soccer star as everybody knows some tabloid thing accuses him of consorting with prostitutes. he doesn't like that. he is doing what? >> so now he is suing for 7.9 million. he is suing intouch weekly which is the publication that but the it out there. it's very interesting to me, bill. because there is this woman. they name names. the woman's name is erma, the
11:18 pm
prostitute who claims she had not one but two encounters with david beckham one was at a hotel in mant and another in london. she talks about the first one, another prostitute joined in this madame kristin davis sent the second prostitute over for 2500. she got 10 grand. kristin davis confirms that happened. of course, it's just allegations and that there was a second interlude between this woman and david beckham in london months later. he says this is an entire flat out bald face lie. this accuser, the prostitute, goes through great detail about the sexual encounter. that would tend to suggest veracity, right? but not so fast. because don't forget the ehave a longoria case. a woman came out and said she was having an affair with tony parker her husband, produced text messages she said tony sent to her and they were very saucy and definitely sexual in nature. it was all a lie.
11:19 pm
it was all a lie. it wasn't until they sued over that allegation that it came out. that woman just had an agenda. so sometimes -- >> bill: this prosecute is also trying to market -- prostitute is trying to market herself. >> now she is in hiding. she is facing a 8-million-dollar lawsuit. >> bill: they want money, too. all right, megyn. thanks very much. we appreciate it. >> you bet. >> bill: horrific story a college student commits suicide after betrayed by his roommate who secretly videotapes him in sexual activity. the warriors are next. gecko: good news sir, i just got an email from the office and word is people really love our claims service. gecko: 'specially the auto repair xpress. repairs are fast and they're guaranteed for as long as you own your car. boss: hey, that's great! is this your phone? gecko: yeah, 'course. boss: but...where do you put...i mean how do you...carry... waitress: here you go. boss: thanks! gecko: no, no i got it, sir.
11:20 pm
anncr: geico. 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance.
11:21 pm
11:22 pm
>> culture warrior segment tonight, one of the worst stories we have seen in a while. tyler clemente committed suicide by jumping off the george
11:23 pm
washington bridge last week. prosecutors believe he took the action because he was humiliated after his roommate secretly videotaped him having sexual activity with another male student and then broadcast that tape on the internet. joining us from atlanta "fox & friends" co-anchor gretchen carlson. here in the studio fox news analyst margaret hoover. this is the ultimate betrayal, right? kid has a roommate. roommate plants the camera. pick it up. >> it's ultimate betrayal but also what's happening with a lot of kids bullying right now. basically what happened was this kid asked for the room alone. he had romantic encounter while he had his room alone. his roommate was videotaping it secretly and posted it online. >> bill: how did he tape it. >> he had a hidden camera. >> bill: that's a felony. >> and these kids face a felony. the two kids involved in this ravi and the other lady molly wei was part of the tweeting. they tweeted this to all of their friends and she was complicit in the taping. what this speaks to is a larger
11:24 pm
and silent epidemic of bullying going on across the country of gay teens. these kids, it is very difficult time to be a teenager and as a gay teenager they are. >> bill: no doubt that is in play but carlson. >> and another kid in houston this last week who also committed suicide because he was gay. it's happening all over the country and no one is talking about it. >> bill: no doubt that's happening. but carlson i read in pinheads and patriots the high tech stuff now these gizmos are so easy to use and record sound and video and you can hide them anywhere. and you can do anything and now. >> it's a tragedy, bill. >> bill: now when you go to college and think you are going to have privacy in your own room. but i want to impress on everybody that you can't do this kind of thing. that you cannot -- it is a felony to hide these cameras. >> they are not going to go to jail for this, bill. they are not going to go to jail for. this congress has not caught up with where we are on technology right now. there are no real laws on the books. they might face up to five years in prison but legal experts are
11:25 pm
saying they are not going to see any jail time. >> bill: they should. >> but they might see a civil case by the family of this poor boy. >> bill: i don't think there is any doubt about it that these kids will be sued. >> not just gay teens, margaret. you remember the case in the midwest where that mom of all things faked that she was a boy who was interested in the girl down the street? and that girl then committed suicide? >> absolutely. it's not just gays. i would say gay teen suicide rate is four times higher than suicide rate. it's happening everywhere. >> bill: any vulnerable group and gays are very vulnerable is going to be targeted by these kinds of people. but how they could think they could get away with it because you do this, what do you think that nobody is going to see it? >> which is a great example. these kids need to be made an example of. >> bill: i think they should go to jail, too. >> i agree with you. they could get one to five years in prison. >> bill: they should go for a year and send a message you can't have this. >> you know what the scary thing is, bill. these are probably -- they were
11:26 pm
probably good kids who did an immensely stupid thing. >> bill: i don't believe that carlson. >> their lives are ruined too. >> bill: i don't believe that i don't think you can be a good kid and plan that stuff out in the cruel nature that they did that. i disagree with you 100%. i think they are bad kids. >> die, too. >> speaks to why there needs to be more sensitivity. >> bill: sensitivity my butt. they are bad kids and should have been raised better. now we have a study and i will let you define. this research, more offensive words are used by young kids on this theme now than they were in the 1980s when people were cursing up a storm. why is this going on, carlson? >> well, actually, the study doesn't say that kids are cursing more. they are saying things that aren't so nice like i'm going to kill you, stuff like that. this is emblematic to me of society right now. i mean, come on, in the last 30 years things are more acceptable in society and that includes bad words. so it doesn't surprise me. >> bill: more offensive words
11:27 pm
are being used now than they were in the 1980s and the rhetoric is heightened. why? >> i think it's a matter of parenting. if you have parents sitting around saying don't say bad things -- >> bill: what happened to parents? >> can i tell you that my mom dragged me to the sink with a bar of soap and washed my mouth out with soap. i'm so sorry, mom, please excuse me for exposing it on tv. i don't even remember what i said. >> bill: you remember soap but not what you said. >> not true that parenting books would advocate this. >> bill: now you wash somebody's mouth out with soap, carlson you would probably be up on child abuse charges. >> you wouldn't want to live in my house, bill, i have a sticker chart. the biggest offense is if my 5-year-old says shut up. and that to me is bad enough word where he doesn't get his stickers. >> bill: what happens if he doesn't shut up. >> he doesn't get a sticker for the day and back to technology that means he can't play wii the next day. >> bill: can't play wii. >> 5-year-old is everything.
11:28 pm
>> this is incentive game. >> bill: i know what it is, hoover. i'm not sure that's going to do it though. you know what i mean? >> oh, yes it is. oh, yes it is. >> bill: not giving the little kid a sticker and wii and he is not going to say anything bad let me put out a hypothetical. so you have got 15, 16-year-old kid and he mouths off to his parents or his teacher f you. what do you do? >> you punish the kid. >> bill: how? >> you take away privileges. and that is the only way you can do it is by teaching them they don't get to do fun things. >> bill: how drastic? how specific. >> not like in your day with catholic nuns hitting with you the ruler. >> bill: corporal punishment i have never used it if my kid says f you to me. that's a month they are going to get a hard time. a month. >> it's an age appropriate. >> here is the age appropriate. 2 to 18.
11:29 pm
that's the age appropriate. >> there are things that are important to them at different times. take their computer away so they can't chat with their friends. >> bill: you are fogging it up. it's f you to the teacher. what do you give your kid? >> listen,. >> you have to make the point. start at early age at 15 they don't say f you to you. >> bill: dr. joyce brothers i got it what do you give your kid? >> when they are 15? >> bill: yeah. >> i agree with you. a month. they are grounded for a month. >> bill: a month of bread and water, that's it. [ laughter ] and then you have to watch the factor. >> corporal punishment. >> bill: over and over and over. >> that will do it. >> now that's a penalty. >> bill: they will never say the f word again. >> ever. >> bill: culture warriors, everybody. there he had are. plenty more as the factor moves along this evening. a family speaks out against stephen colbert over his illegal alien presentation. wait until you hear this. and then bill maher doesn't like religion at all.
11:30 pm
we will challenge him. and we hope you stay tuned to those reports. robin ] my name is robin. and i was a pack-a-day smoker for 25 years. i do remember sitting down with my boys, and i'm like, "oh, promise mommy you'll never ever pick up a cigarette." and brian looked at me at eight years old and said, "promise me you'll quit." i had to quit. ♪ my doctor gave me a prescription for chantix, a medication i could take and still smoke, while it built up in my system. [ male announcer ] chantix is a non-nicotine pill. that stays with you all day to help you quit. in studies, 44% of chantix users were quit during weeks 9 to 12 of treatment, coared to 18% on sugar pill. it's proven to reduce the urge to smoke. ask your doctor if chantix is right for you. and find out how you can save money on your prescription at chantix.com. some people have had changes in behavior, hostility, agitation, depressed mood and suicidal thoughts or actions while taking or after stopping chantix. if you notice agitation, hostility, depression
11:31 pm
or changes in behavior, thinking or mood that are not typical for you, or if you develop suicidal thoughts or actions, stop taking chantix and call your doctor right away. talk to your doctor aboutny history of depression or other mental health problems, which can get worse while taking chantix. some people can have allergic or serious skin reactions to chantix, some of which can be life threatening. if you notice swelling of face, mouth, throat or a rash stop taking chantix and see your doctor right away. do not take chantix if you've had a serious allergic or skin reaction to chantix. tell your doctor which medicines you're taking as they may work differently when you quit smoking. chantix dosing may be different if you have kidney problems. the most common side effect is nausea. patients also reported trouble sleeping and vivid, unusual or strange dreams. until you know how chantix may affect you, use caution when driving or operating machinery. chantix should not be taken with other quit-smoking products. ♪ my benjamin, he helped me with the countdown. "ben, how many days has it been?" "5 days, mom. 10 days, mom." i think after 30 days he got tired of counting. [ male announcer ] talk to your doctor about chantix.
11:32 pm
find out how you can save money on your prescription and learn terms and conditions at chantix.com. >> bill: factor follow-up segment tonight, you may remember last week stephen colbert testified in front of a congressional committee that deals with immigration issues. mr. colbert mocked the situation and was criticized by many americans for doing that but, in los angeles, the situation is much more serious. in march of 2008, 17-year-old jamiel shaw shot to death by an illegal alien by a gang member released from prison just one day before he shot jamiel to death. no way the guy should have been out on the street obviously. when jamiel's family saw colbert, they reacted strongly. joining us from los angeles his aunt lathea shaw. describe how they reacted when they saw mr. colbert on the hill. >> we weren't happy at all. we thought they pretty much made a mockery of it.
11:33 pm
i'm not sure if you are aware but in 2008 congressman mccain invited us and other families to come down and talk about american citizens murdered by illegal aliens and the committee would not even hear us. maxine waters refused to participate in the hearing. we were very disappointed that they didn't want to hear american citizen bus they are willing to hear stephen colbert. >> bill: did they give you a reason why they wouldn't hear you? >> i can't remember but i believe they felt like the republican party was making this political. >> bill: i got it they turned it into a political issue. so then colbert goes on and he mocks it. and does the satire. is he in character. the tv character he plays. you see this and you say, what? >> one of our friends jeff had told us and when we turned to it and saw it, i was angry because it just seemed like he was
11:34 pm
forgetting the fact that american citizens are being murdered by people in the country illegally and i have a list right now. even going online at the l.a.p.d. most wanted at america's most wanted there are literally right now five farm workers who are wanted for murder. murdering american citizens and they are out on the loose and they are picking farms. they are in the agricultural labor, and they're wanted for murder. and i don't think it's right for the congress to even hear anyone make light of this situation. >> bill: who is most at fault? is it congress who invited the mr. colbert or mr. colbert himself? >> i think both because if mr. colbert really wanted to say something serious about this he wouldn't have been in character. so i think that was wrong. and for the representatives to bring someone, to bring a comedian, i think that was wrong because they work for the
11:35 pm
people. and it seems like they don't even care enough to say okay, let's hear what the people have to say. >> bill: should have heard you and your group. there is no execute for that let me play devil's advocate here. ms. love green -- lofgren said the reason we brought him was to have people lock in on the issue and hopefully get a resolution to it. is that valid? >> i don't think so. because for one you need to show both sides. for two, you are not bringing issue to the fact that there are farm workers wanted for murder. >> bill: all right. they didn't address the issue that was most important to you. the violence that some illegal aliens are perpetrating. the second thing is i don't think colbert knew when he did this that it would offend you and other americans who have lost loved ones in this kind of a situation. i don't think he went in there anying about that. would you agree? >> well, he should. is he an intelligent man, i'm sure. he should realize that if he is paying attention, illegal
11:36 pm
immigration is a serious problem. and it's not anything to make light of. and that's why he didn't talk about the dead bodies and the people who are murdered because you can't make that funny. it's not funny. everything is not funny. and i think the people who laugh and think it is funny. you ought to be blessed. that means you haven't experienced seeing a loved one murdered. so you think it's funny, you really need to call the congress people. you should get involved. because in almost 30 americans are being murdered every day. in just a matter of time before it strikes someone you know. it's not funny. i believe he is smarter than that he knows that's not funny. >> bill: all right ms. shaw, we appreciate you coming on. best to you and your family. we're sorry for your loss. >> thank you. >> bill: when we come right back, another explosive issue calling religious people morons. that's what bill maher is doing. we will challenge him as the factor continues all across the u.s.a. and all around the world.
11:37 pm
11:38 pm
11:39 pm
>> bill: thanks for staying with us. i'm bill o'reilly. in the personal story seeing. tonight, part 2 of my interview with bill maher who is one of the most adamant voices against religion and conservative people in america. in fact, mr. maher is blunt. conservatives and believers are morons. even on some cable competition to fox which is why many people probably didn't hear you say this because nobody watches. but you say on a couple of shows that i saw that a lot of americans are too stupid they just don't understand what's going on and therefore they make fallacious decisions. do you feel comfortable saying look, you american people most of are you dunder heads and you don't just understand. >> i do. >> bill: could you feel comfortable with that. >> absolutely. 60% of the american people, bill, believe the noah's ark story is literally true. >> bill: i don't know any of those people. i think they found noah's ark on
11:40 pm
some mountain in turkey. >> that's in your bible. if you are a religious person and the bible is written by god, why isn't -- why is stuff in the bible untrue? >> bill: it's allegorical, bill. i'm sure you know it's allegorical and they are parables and they are designed to teach you a greater truth that apparently has alluded you. it's not a literalist interpretation, the bible. >> i thought it was the word of god. i thought it was literal and a lot of religious people do. what about the part in the bible that says if you see your neighbor working on a sunday, you should kill him is that a parable or literal? >> bill: i think that's probably -- i don't know that parable. is that romans? ecclesiastes? where did that come from? >> it's not a parable. no it's in deuteronomy. it's a law if you see your neighbor working on sunday you should kill him. it doesn't sound like a parable to me. if it's your perfect holy book written by god why is there stuff in there that doesn't make sense or is it immoral.
11:41 pm
>> bill: i respect the bible and i take it as allegorical book i'm a christian so the new testament is what i believe in. and the old testament written by prophets. >> i love the way you -- they are both written by god. >> bill: no, god didn't sit down and write it. they were written by prophets and written by matthew, mark, luke, and john. real human beings who took it down. >> right. we are talking about the old testament now. i know all the christians want to get behind the happy half of the bible where jesus walks on water. turns fishing trip with the guy. >> bill: the part of the bible that teaches you to love your neighbor to love yourself. that's what we are trying to get behind. i don't know the downside of that. >> but you can't disavow the old testament. >> bill: i'm not disavowing anything. i'm telling you what i believe. in what i believe in is love your neighbor as yourself and don't call him stupid because they don't agree with you politically. >> if you are saying that some things in the bible and others
11:42 pm
aren't. it's not like the constitution it was written by god or inspired by god. so how come so much of it is either whacky or immoral? >> bill: look. that's the way you see it other people see it in a different way. >> killing your neighbor. >> bill: i don't know any christians or jews killing their neighbor. >> for working on sunday? >> bill: i don't know anybody who does that except ted bundy, that's all and he is dead. >> bill, the only reason you believe what you believe can only come from two places either somebody told you like your minister, priest, or the preacher, or you read it in one of the holy books. right? >> bill: i have read the new testament. there doesn't seem to be a lot of downside to being like jesus. he seemed to be a pretty good guy to me,. >> he was a good guy. >> bill: if he were in charge of the country we would all be in a better place, would we not. >> right. i think if jesus was in charge the country we probably would have health care for everybody. >> bill: that might be true because he could multiply the loaves and fishes and we wouldn't have to have a lot of
11:43 pm
stuff that we have to have, all right? >> multiply the loaves and fishes, really? and i'm the one who is the -- i'm the bad guy for saying people are dumb. >> bill: listen, bill, you are free to believe what you want to believe. if you want to believe that a little meteorite crashed into the earth and bill maher emerged from some swamp some place you go ahead and believe it you and richard dawkins and all your crew you can't explain how the earth got here. you can't explain how the earth got here. you can't. >> right. nobody can explain it. but it doesn't mean that we should make up stories like children to explain it. we at least admit i don't know. >> bill: you don't know. so don't denigrate people of faith because your faith that there isn't a god that there isn't is just as much as a leap that those who believe. it's just as much but on the other side. >> no, it's not. absolutely not, bill. you are championing faith, which is the purposeful suspension of critical thinking.
11:44 pm
that is not what i'm doing. >> bill: no, you are mocking people who actually have sincere beliefs and follow people like jesus who did very good things. >> right. >> bill: you mock them. you denigrate them you make them or try to make them look stupid. >> right. >> bill: that's not noble, bill, it's not noble. >> there is a great quote from thomas jefferson about how ridicule is the only appropriate way to handle such fantasy. >> bill: always lively with you, maher. >> i will send it to you. >> bill: and we wish you well as always. thanks for coming on. >> okay. thanks, bill. >> bill: the bible passage maher referred to is from exodus not deuteronomy. and it reads, quote: whosoever does any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death unquote. however, here is the context. there is no mention of neighbors. the passage was on moses reporting to the jews that god would handle the sabbath
11:45 pm
situation. as for bill maher, you have to give him credit for debating. many far left people are too cowardly for debating that the entire maher interview uncut is posted on fosk. foxnews.com. in a moment sarah palin dance with stars booking incident. then, pinheads and patriots datey perry ellen degeneres elmo datey perry ellen degeneres elmo controversrs hi. you know, if we had let fedex office pri our presentation, they could have shipped it too. saved ourselves the hassle. i'm not too sure about this. look at this. [ security agent ] right. you never kick off with sales figures. kicking off with sales figures! i'm yawning. i'm yawning some more. aaaaaaaand... [ snores ] i see your pnt. yeah. snores ] [ malannouncer ] we understand.® you need a partner who delivers convenience. next time use fedex office.
11:46 pm
11:47 pm
11:48 pm
>> bill: back of the book segment tonight, the great american news quiz, here they are, the epitome, brilliant fox news anchor martha maccallum playing for barbara gillvar from colorado. and steve doocy playing for a player in -- if you would like
11:49 pm
to win great prizes sign up on bill o'reilly.com. teen idol justin bieber was drawn into a political controversy this week after an appearance on the show csi that seemed to disparage what group? >> bill: roll the tape. >> we stop playing their game. [chants] >> we stop paying our taxes that pay for their failures. cut up your cards. >> bill: i just don't get the hair cut on the kid. >> steve: leave it to beaver. >> bill: i don't get the hair cut. kilmeade ought to get a hair cut like that. >> it would be cute like that. >> bill: there was a minor controversy this week on dancing with the stars when some people thought that sarah palin had been booed by the audience. >> if you don't want to see them
11:50 pm
same shock that ended david hasselhoff, you need to support them right now, call, text and log on to -- there is booing. >> thank you, brook. i'm here with guest ballroom commentator sarah palin. >> bill: all right. now, abc later denied the audience was booing at governor palin. they say the crowd was actually booing whom? cards up, please. and the ape is the judges. correct. two in a row. i gave you two easy ones. >> good. >> bill: let us segway. cindy sheehan is back in the news this time she says she is out as a 9/11 truther. who does ms. sheehan think is responsible for the attack on 9/11? >> oh, brother.
11:51 pm
>> how about all of the above. >> bill: who does ms. sheehan think the attack of the country. >> i am a 9/11 truther. [inaudible] i do think it was an inside job. [cheers and applause] we don't know [inaudible] but i'm certain cheney had something to do with it. >> bill: dick cheney had something to do with it ladies and gentlemen. >> that darn dick cheney. >> bill: you both got that wrong. i told you we were getting to the hard part. here is question number four, last weekend at the box office the squeal to wall street was number one boxing 19 million bucks. >> what about money, jake? do you like her? >> i have never thought about money as a she. >> oh, does she lie there in bed at night looking at you one eye
11:52 pm
open. money never sleeps and she is jealous. if you don't pay close, close attention, you wake up in the morning, she might be gone forever. >> bill: all right, now, michael douglas recently revealed that he is fighting cancer. what kind of cancer does he have? >> bill: cards up, please. the answer is throat cancer, that's correct. we wish mr. douglas the best. >> we sure do. >> good movie. >> bill: you saw the movie. >> i saw the movie. >> bill: did you pay to see it. >> yes. >> bill: oh my god. here is the final question. it's a tie, right? this is the tie breaker. some of america's most popular ice cream companies have been told to stop, stop labeling their ice cream all natural because it now contains artificial ingredients. what is the name of the ice cream company that's got to stop it?
11:53 pm
>> bill: the answer is ben and jerry's tie breaker where is it located. >> vermont. >> headquarters? >> burlington. >> bill: have to do it again. barbara and thomas you both win all the prizes. it was a tie. >> yeah, go. >> bill: i think those questions are too easy tonight. >> they must have been too easy. >> the dick cheney one was hard. >> bill: katherine heigl and ellen degeneres in the zone this evening. right back with p and p. pwpwpspa
11:54 pm
11:55 pm
>> bill: pinheads and patriots in a moment. ellen degeneres mocks katy perry. but first a big surge in premium membership sign-ups last night. dennis miller coming next week. might want to check out premium membership on billoreilly.com. also where -- as i'm going,
11:56 pm
all of our correspondents this evening a signed copy of the book it is only fitting. we have to give back ladies and gentlemen. now the mail. mark: when bill maher resorts to personal attacks on tea party members it discredits his message. if his arguments were sound he wouldn't have to could that. the interview was generous he looked much less secure than on his hbo show. bryan: while you might admire president obama for standing on principle you might point out he ran as a mad right who said he would unite the country. good point. >> all men hold strong convictions even evil ones. admiration should be reserved for a man whose principles are admiral. that might mean that you can't respect those with whom you days agree regardless of their sincerity. i'm kind of giving a broad
11:57 pm
realm there. rick: as au jus wish man i was appalled by jon stewart's sluti nun joke. dennis: as for the body language segment what is next bill, palm reading? that's a good idea. we going to get on that amy: your donation to dennis miller's u.s.a. cares charity proves that capitalism can be used for good. look forward to seeing you and glen in october 30th. interesting point as we say, all the revenue i get goes to charity that is capitalism. trying to direct good charities. laura smith: my boyfriend surprised me with
11:58 pm
tickets to the bold fresh show in dallas on december 4th. i'm excite odd to see glenn. wait a minute there will be two bold fresh people there laura. excited to see glen in? i'll make you forget him. don: when will pinheads and patriots be out in audio? next tuesday, october 4th but we are going to send you one in advance because you are one of the correspondents. finally, pinheads and patriots, a few days ago sesame street cut out pop singer katy perry from the program because of a wardrobe situation. ellen degeneres picked up on that. >> everybody is talking about katy perry not being allowed to be on sesame street. they said she was showing too much cleavage. i don't know what the big deal is, i was on early in my career and nobody made a big deal. this is me with elmo, years back. see, nothing happened to me. we have a wide shot there?
11:59 pm
>> bill: you have to make the call on that one. on the pinhead front spoking is bad we hate it at the factor. but actress catherine heigl may not see it that way. >> now i do the electronic cigarettes. >> i've never heard of this, never seen this, don't know what that is. >> got a bejeweled bottom. bet i'm freaking you out now. going to get arrested by the pc police. >> what was that? >> water paper. >> is there nicotine in there? >> yes. >> is nicotine bad for you? >> i don't know i've read things that say it is as bad as a cup of coffee. i'm choosing to believe that. >> bill: bulletin to miss heigl nicotine is bad for you, if you promote, you are a pinhead. check out the fox news website different

78 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on